Sunday, April 26, 2015

4/25
16.5 miles (59.5, sunrise highway trailhead to  mile 76, almost to scissors crossing)

We did walk out of the cloud! Unfortunately it is raining even where we are now at low elevation. Most of the day was dry-ish but not enough to convince me to take off my shell or pack cover.

This morning was very cold and windy. We slept pretty poorly, we were plenty warm but it was so windy! We we camped in a little nook surrounded by little bushes on three sides, tonight we are parked behind a tree and I'm feeling pretty hopeful. I think the area we are in is known for being super hot and dry, we just happened to catch a storm. I think I prefer stormy, for now at least.

I was feeling pretty good hiking until we loaded up 5 liters each for a 23 mile water carry. All my aches and pains came out and there were more than before. We set up camp early again, 4:30! Maybe my legs will feel better after a healthy dose of tent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment