Friday, May 15, 2015

5/12
21 miles (280 to 301)
We felt back in the groove when we woke up this morning. We are heading west for  the next 100 miles from big bear city past I-15 to Wrightwood where our next resupply is. We had our first angry rattle snake encounter today. They are surprisingly loud, I heard the rattle as I approached the snake under a bush about a foot and a half off the side of the trail, but I had no idea what that noise could be.  It sounded like a sprinkler popping up out  of the grass, why that would be miles from any road under a bush in a dry dry desert I hadn't figured out before the hiker in front of me yelled "snake!".  Duh, I think I would have figured it out eventually.  We walked way around and carried on.
We made our way to Deep creek. A Steep rocky canyon with more water than we've seen so far and we saw two skunks, a Mama and baby trail side surprise.






1 comment: