Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 18

7/18
16 miles (1177 to 1193, Milton creek)
I'm stressed and I felt stressed all day. We are not hiking enough miles to finish. Dahlia may become capable to hike the miles we need to hike but she isn't right now. We don't want to push her too far but every day we do under 21 miles is a day we will have to make up for later. We decided that we will give her a short day tomorrow and a rest day after that. After that we will she how she is doing and decided if we will continue hiking with her or not. Right now it seems that either we will have a chance to finish or we can hike with D but not both. I had my concerns from the start but we love having her with us and it would be hard to give her away, again. 
Other than that, the day was good. Most of my thoughts were consumed by what we are going to do. Also, last night after we ate up camp, I walked to the highest peak around to message Claire that we weren't going to make it to Sierra city today. I don't know for sure if she got it and I didn't have any service all day. I would feel terrible I she was walking around trying to find us and confused about what to do when we didn't show. 



No comments:

Post a Comment