Thursday, July 23, 2015

July 19

7/19
5 miles (1093 to 1098, Sierra city) 
We slept in knowing that we only had a 5 mile walk into town. We ate a big breakfast and hung out in town out in front of the happening general store.  We decided to have my friends Mary and Ryan watch D. We love that little nugget but it's too hard to have her here. She needs time to get her hiker legs and paws and we don't have time to give her. I was heartbroken to hand her off again but I know it was the right thing to do. Claire came up to meet us bringing us delicious goodies including watermelon which we devoured immediately, sun tea, and a quinoa salad we are packing out with us for lunch tomorrow. She is also taking dahlia back to truckee where Mary will pick her up tomorrow. We miss her already. 
So I cried a far amount today, bummed about saying goodbye to the creature but there was a lot to be happy about. As we were sitting outside the breakfast joint, I saw Amy fish drive by.  I jumped out into the street and about an hour later she drove by again and saw me. It was such a great surprise. We have run into several people we know so far, we aren't far from Tahoe, but we aren't that close, over 2 hours. 
We also got to visit with Claire again which was amazing and as we were in town lots of hikers rolled in that we know but thought were far ahead of us. 






No comments:

Post a Comment