Sunday, September 27, 2015

September 25

9/25
26 miles (2604 to 2630)
Tomorrow's the day! It's hard to believe that we are actually going to cross the border. It's hard to believe that we actually walked all the way here from Mexico. 
We got trail magic today from the parents of another hiker. When we got ready to leave, the mom gave me a hug and said she was proud of me. I'm proud of myself. We set out on this trip with so many uncertainties. There were so many challenges day after day. I am excited to reach the border and know that I have met my goal that every day for five months I have been working towards. There are things we are really excited about: toilets, being able to get out of the rain, eating real food again. I have also really enjoyed life on the trail and I know I will miss it. I'll miss it's simplicity, it's community, it's beauty. 









2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you both too Beth. There have been a lot of my friends following your hiking saga. They were all excited to hear you guys finished. I whispered many prayers asking that you be kept safe, even on the bike ride down. I'm so happy for your accomplishment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete