Monday, October 26, 2015

Avenue of the giants

October 24
70 miles. Ferndale to Richardson Grove state park
Next time we do a 70 mile day we need to get an earlier start. The days are getting short. We have been waking up around 7 or 7:30 when the sun rises and going to sleep around 8 or 9, long after the sun goes down and after we set up camp and eat dinner. 
I wasn't looking forward to this section of the ride. When I rode this section years ago with friends, one of them got sick and this is where we bailed and went home. I think that experience left me with the feeling that this area is something we just have to do to get back to the coast, but that was all wrong! 
We rode through beautiful farmland and then through miles and miles of redwoods on the Avenue of the Giants. We are off the 101 as much as possible. I was having a little anxiety about riding on it but it's really not that bad. It's never as scary as I think it's going to be. 





Fellow bikers! 
Tonight we got into camp after dark with two other bikers and found about 7 more bikers at the campground!

No comments:

Post a Comment