Friday, October 30, 2015

Last day on the coast

October 29
50 miles. Gualala to bodega bay
The coast is so beautiful! Rugged cliffs with smashing waves. I think it's just as beautiful as big sur. We did a lot of climbing today but we also had a strong tail wind pushing us along.  The miles flew by. 
Today was our last day of riding on the coast. Now that we are in bodega we will be riding along bays and then east towards the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco. 
Clay and I have decided to end our trip there rather than biking back up to Tahoe. Getting back to San Francisco completes our loop! So we feel like we are off the hook for having to redo the 200 miles of urban riding and then biking up 10,000 feet into the mountains which this week are supposed to recieve snow. 
So we have two days of riding left. 
Last night Clay was asleep by 7. I was soon to follow but my head was full of all the real life things we have to do upon our return. I am going to miss our simple life. No rent to pay, no dishes to do, I have everything I need right here. 










No comments:

Post a Comment