Saturday, October 31, 2015

Closed the loop.

October 31
20 miles. Samuel p Taylor to Larkspur

We are in a car with all our gear and a kind stranger we met at a park just north of San Francisco. We stopped at a park to eat lunch for old times sake, we had lunch at the same park back in our first week of the trip. We were approached by a man and his two kids who asked us about our trip. A few miles down the road he pulled up beside us and offered us a ride up to Tahoe. So here we are, on our way back with mixed feelings. I'm so happy with what we have done, I'm proud of what we have accomplished and happy with all that we have done, seen, and experienced.

I have loved our life for the last 7 months and although I'm ready to go back and have a home and see friends and be with dahlia, I know it will be a very short time before I'm aching for our simple hiking and biking life on the go. 

It's been the most wonderful amazing challenging experience and I hope I have many more like it in the future. Thanks for everyone's love and support!

Taking down our little home for the last time

Navigating the Bay Area

An anti climatic ending to our long journey. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, it's Ken from Colorado and you may remember Linda and I traveled down the coast in our small RV and stayed in the same campgrounds as you and Clay. I mentioned the Denver Post writer who hiked the Colorado Trail and he had a closing story on the hike last week that may interest you. The web site is: http://www.denverpost.com/health/ci_29083374/krakel:-how-id-hike-the-colorado-trail-next-time
    I assume you are both back in Tahoe and probably getting snow. It was nice to visit with you and I have enjoyed your blog. If you have trouble seeing the story let me know. Ken, kwidel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed following along, and I'm dying to go backpacking again. Great photos! Tell Clay ACRT in Jackson wants him back...ha ha. Shanda sherpashanda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete