Tuesday, June 23, 2015

June 17

6/17
12.5 miles (7.5 miles up kersearge pass, mile 789 to 794)
We double zeroed in independence so I was antsy today to get back on the trail. We made quick work of going up and over kersearge pass, the trail that goes from the trail head to independence back to the pct. After just a few miles we went up and over glen pass. It was beautiful and steep. Most of the snow is already melted, which is unusual for this time of year, and made for quick and easy travel. Clay sped ahead of me on the way down and fished in Rae lakes. once I caught up, I laid out in the sun and washed my feet in the lake. The mosquitos came out and we decided it was time to move on. We hiked a few more miles and set up on the side of a beautiful alpine lake with a view of the mountains. The buzz of mosquitos is audible from inside the tent. 










1 comment:

  1. Cheryl made fun of the size of Clay's fish, but I didn't see her catching any.

    ReplyDelete