Friday, August 7, 2015

August 2

8/2
25 miles (1515 to 1540 deadfall lake)
Tonight we are sleeping with the fly on because two nights in a row we woke up having to put the fly on. A thunderstorm rolled in around midnight, it was loud and awesome. We were down in a canyon tucked in under oak trees, I felt safe. Thunder echoed and the temperature dropped. The sleeping bag had been kicked into the bottom of the tent and I was sticky on my sleeping pad.
It was smoky when we woke up this morning and it stayed that way all day. there aren't any fires nearby, the smoke seems to be blowing in from a distance.  25 miles today took forever. My pack feels heavy and my left foot is hurting. 
The terrain was beautiful despite the smoke. We got good trail magic. We crossed a road with a bike ride in progress and the tent full of food was open to us as well. Clay and I went bonkers on cantaloupe, oranges, cookies, and cold soda. 


No comments:

Post a Comment