Saturday, August 29, 2015

August 26

8/26
28 miles (1923 to 1951 dry campsite near elks lake resort)
Both times I have worn out my shoes and bought a new pair I've been so excited to start wearing them. Hiking in new shoes is terrible, when will I learn! My old shoes were riddled with holes.  My feet push against the fabric of my new pair, trying again to break free. They rub in weird new places and the stiffness of the unworn sole hurts the balls of my feet. Hopefully it will be a different story in a few days. 
We are in the three sisters wilderness area. I've heard about this area for a long time and of its beauty. We have been passing by lake after lake, more than we have seen since the sierras. It's not warm enough to really want to swim, plus many have soft silty bottoms that don't beg for me to wade in. They are beautiful though and it's nice to have plenty of water available. It's still smoky but there aren't currently any fires close to the trail at all. I wonder if we will have any smoke free days for the rest of our time on the trail. 












No comments:

Post a Comment