Saturday, August 29, 2015

August 25 back at it

8/25
17 miles (1905 hwy 58 to 1923 charlton lake)
We are sore. A week off and I feel like a total softy. My hips hurt, the meat in the back of my knees hurt, and my feet. The bottoms of my feet ache and blisters threaten in my new shoes. We are happy to be back on the trail but it only took 3 hours and 51 minutes before I was asking "why are we doing this?". 
We spent last night in Portland with our friends chip and Michelle last night. We sat in the adirondack chairs in their yard drinking beers. It was lovely. This morning we woke early to catch the 6 o'clock train back to eugene. We literally had to run to catch the train. We were greeted at the station by a super nice section hiker who drove us the hour and a half ride back to the trail. 





No comments:

Post a Comment