Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 28

7/28
26 miles (1390 to 1416- wild bird cache)
We woke up super early and were out of camp at 6:20. It was freezing. Clay was wearing gloves and I alternated each hand between holding my poles and time in my pockets. Then it got hot, really hot. Probably in the 90s. We got through the waterless section, yay! I love being able to drink water. At the end there was a river, we jumped straight in. Unfortunately it was only about 30 feet downstream from a hydroelectric plant, so it wasn't exactly scenic and wild but it felt great. I wondered what the workers thought of us as we drank, bathed, and washed our clothes all in the same spot, right outside their work. As we were nearing the end of the day we passed through a spot on the trail called Wild Bird Cache. Picnic tables, lawn chairs, cold soda, propane stove, water, canned food, and darts, we were going no further. We partook in all and it was a very good time. Never thought I'd be playing darts in the woods drinking a hot chocolate. 

Giant Danish



No comments:

Post a Comment